Sedation Dentistry In Raleigh, NC – Sit Back And Relax
Sedation dentistry is a rapidly emerging standard of care for dental patients. In fact, physicians have routinely sedated patients for decades for a variety of procedures that are less invasive than working in a patient's mouth. Most dentists, however, do not pursue the additional education needed to become certified for sedation dentistry.
At Raleigh Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dentistry, we offer you the option of being able to receive sedation treatment in the safe, comfortable environment of our offices. Sedation dentistry can be used for any and all dental procedures, ranging from a simple cleaning to in-office bleaching to root canals, implants, crowns, and veneers. There is no longer a need to become anxious about or postpone treatment. Not only does the time pass quickly, we can often accomplish more procedures in one visit than we would attempt for a patient who would not be receiving sedation. This can be an even greater advantage for Raleigh Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dentistry patients who don’t live in Raleigh, NC.
Why Sedation Dentistry?
Our patients find sedation dentistry appealing for a variety of reasons:
- No dreaded needles – Oral medication is used so there are no IV needles involved in the sedation process.
- A longer appointment time feels shorter – Sometimes, a dental treatment that would otherwise require 2 - 3 visits can be accomplished in a single visit.
- Help for those who can't get numb – Patients who have had trouble being completely numb in the past often find sedation helps them achieve profound anesthesia, allowing them to be comfortable and relaxed during the dental treatment.
- Relief for jaw pain sufferers – Chronic or consistent jaw pain can make it difficult and painful to keep your mouth open during dental treatments.
- Avoiding back and neck pain – Patients who have back, neck, or other physical problems often find it difficult to be in a dental chair for treatment.
- Relief from nerves and anxiety – Many patients simply do not like the sounds, sensations, smells, and tastes related to dental treatment. If you have anxiety or simply dislike the dental treatment environment, sedation dentistry may change the way you feel about maintaining good dental health.
Sedation Dentistry – Safe And Secure
First of all, it has been around for many years and has been used in literally hundreds of thousands, even into the millions of cases. Additional training is required for certification to administer and perform oral conscious sedation and sedation dentistry. The curriculum for this training is reviewed and approved by the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, state dental regulatory boards throughout the nation, and more specifically, the North Carolina State Board of Dental Examiners.
Our oral sedation providers are certified by the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation and continue to pursue additional training to study the latest advances in the field of sedation dentistry. Patients are constantly monitored during all aspects of the sedation dental appointment by equipment designed to evaluate the patient’s blood pressure, pulse rate, levels of oxygen saturation in the blood, and other important information similar to the monitoring that would occur in a hospital setting. During the evaluation and treatment planning appointment, the patient’s medical history is thoroughly reviewed and the sedation plan and procedures are explained fully. We answer questions clearly, in addition to providing written information for your review.
Not only is Dr. Williamson respected as a leading Raleigh, NC dentist, he was selected again in 2012 as a Top Dentist in the United States, a distinction he has held for more than eight years. The Consumers' Research Council of America chose Dr. Williamson for this honor using a point system to assess each dentist's experience, training, continuing education, and professional association affiliations.
Comfort Is The Key To Sedation Dentistry
The medications commonly used during sedation dentistry gradually cycle through the body following the sedation appointment. This is why sedation patients are released into the care of a trusted family member, friend, or companion to take them home and stay with them for the remainder of the day.Often patients find they wake with little pain or soreness and require less pain medication than previous experiences. Whether you live in Raleigh, NC or beyond, you can have the beautiful smile and good dental health you’ve always wanted by taking advantage of sedation dentistry at Raleigh Cosmetic and Comprehensive Dentistry. Count on the excellent care and service provided by Dr. Williamson and his team.
Sedation Dentistry Testimonial Video