Dr. Robert L. Williamson III
A North Carolina native, Dr. Williamson has been practicing dentistry since 1999. After receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology along with a Minor in Chemistry from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Dr. Williamson attended the UNC-CH School of Dentistry and received his degree as Doctor of Dental Surgery.
Receiving his DDS from UNC-CH was only the beginning for Dr. Williamson in terms of developing the wide range of experience and expertise he felt was essential to delivering the range of services provided at Raleigh Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dentistry. He sought out experience in the more sophisticated dental procedures that he routinely performs for patients today. That experience includes work with Craniofacial teams at both UNC Hospitals and University of California at San Francisco, with the Orthodontic team at University of Southern California, and with the Dentofacial Deformities team at the UNC Dental School, and more.
Dr. Williamson has served as an adjunct professor at the UNC Dental School since 1999 and is an active member of the American Dental Association, the Academy of General Dentistry, and the North Carolina Dental Society. He has been involved with cutting-edge research in dental medicine and has contributed articles to dental journals with worldwide distribution. In addition to his activities in the dental community, Dr. Williamson and his staff also devotes considerable time and funding to community activities in the Triangle area and across the state.
Dr. Williamson was selected again in 2013 as a Top Dentist in the United States, a distinction he has held for more than nine years. The Consumers' Research Council of America chose Dr. Williamson for this honor using a point system to assess each dentist's experience, training, continuing education, and professional association affiliations.
Dr. Williamson's Professional Profile at a Glance
Primary Specialty: Dentistry
Undergraduate Education: UNC Chapel Hill, BS - Biology/Chemistry, 1995
- UNC Dental School: DDS, 1999
- Univ. of California San Francisco Craniofacial Center
- Univ. of Southern California Orthodontic Treatment Planning
- UNC Hospitals Craniofacial Team
- UNC Dental School Dentofacial DeformitiesTeam
- Naval Hospital: Cherry Point Air Station
- Miami Children's Hospital
Academic Appointments: Adjunct Clinical Professor: UNC School of Dentistry, Diagnostic Sciences and Comprehensive Treatment Planning
In Practice Since: 1999
- Member of American Dental Association
- Member of the North Carolina Dental Society
- Member of the Wake County Dental Society
- Member of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Member of the National Society of Dental Practitioners
- Member of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry
- Member of the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation
Honors and Awards:
- American Association of Dental Public Health Award
- Gilmer-Smith Foundation Scholar
- National Society of Dental Practitioners Law and Ethics in Dentistry Award
- Robert C. Byrd Scholar
- America's Top Dentists (Consumers' Research Council of America)